Sunday, June 16, 2013

Modern Mini Quilt Challenge with Ellison Lane


Hi Everyone! Yes, I know it has been a bit since I have had a blog post! But I have been sewing up a storm! Check out my Flickr stream to see what I have been up to! Lots of goodies - blocks, pillows, swaps! Also you can follow me on Instagram also-@fishcreekstudio. It's a little bit more "in the making" vs. the polished "finished product." I would love to see you! And I do plan on continuing to blog also!

Have you heard about Jennifer's Modern Mini Quilt Challenge over at Ellison Lane Quilts? There has been a blog hop the past week with lots of great mini's and there is still time to get your entry in! 

Here is my entry! It is my Schoenrock Cross Pillow from the SewSewModern swap that just ended!
 Front of pillow is paper pieced using the Schoenrock Cross pattern from Quilters Cache. I have been wanting to make this pattern forever! And I am so happy I did - while the block is 14in I added borders and  the pillow is 20in x20in.
                 Covered zipper back- Love it! I love this fabric-my thought was "from my home to yours."
                                  I used Svetlana's tutorial - amazingly easy! You can find it here.


                                               Close up of the chunky hand stitching and fabrics.


    TIP: This is the inside front cover of the pillow. Use plain muslin as the backing of your quilt sandwich. It prevents your batting from sticking to your pillow form or stuffing; and when the pillow cover is taken off and washed it provides stability for all your piecing and hand stitching. You can see all the hand stitching/quilting design really well here.

So hop on over to Jennifer's and check out all the quilty goodness and don't forget to link up a project of your own!







Happy Stitching! Ginny

4 comments:

  1. Love the design for this it's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a fan of this block for a while and your pillow looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you Ginny, love the cushion! Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pillow, really gorgeous. Love your fabric choices for the cross, and also for the back - what a great print! The Schoenrock Cross is on my long-list of must-makes! Cat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love hearing from you!