Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!


Wishing all of you a wonderful, safe 4th of July!

Things are a bit quiet here today, but come Friday and Saturday the town celebration begins with a fish fry, street dance, and lighted boat floatilla parade at dark Friday. Saturday is the 5K run/walk, pet and bike parade, tug of war at the beach, chicken 
bar-b-q and pie sale, even a duck race!
But no fireworks :(   Makes me sad--they are my favorite holiday treat!!
We are in a drought situation (as many of you are) and the risk of fire is just to great at this time. Most towns are rescheduling for Sept. 

Here is my patriotic Red, White, and Blue quilty Inspiration!

slideshow image

This is from Allpeoplequilt and I think I have just added another project to my "To Do" list!

Hoping you are safe and cool!
Ginny

3 comments:

  1. I just checked out that pattern. I will have to try it because I have quite a few jelly rolls laying around. I just saw another strip quilt called Sugared Almonds that I'm putting on my to-do list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame about the fireworks, but it sounds like you will have a great celebration without them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love hearing from you!