Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Transformation....from UFO/Flimsie to Quilt!

That is exciting! It's finished! And I love it! It is my "girly" quilt.


                                                I love the aqua and pink, oh heck, I love all the colors!


                                                                 Backing and binding



The quilting was done by a long arm quilter. It is a flower resembling a pansy and it looks like the flowers in the fabric on the front. I chose it to blend in without overwhelming the pieced pattern.

The thread is pink, the binding is machine stitched on (or otherwise it would still be waiting ;)

Pattern: Magical Mystery Tour by Abbey Lane Quilts
Fabric: Chez Moi Hunky Dory
Finished size: 58 X 72 inches

Here are a few of my favorite blocks:




Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to:
                                                                              and
Fresh Poppy Design

9 comments:

  1. Very, very nice! Lovely girly quilt!!! I need to make one like that soon - I don't have a lot of girly quilts :*) I love the fabrics you chose and the way the colors play so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish Ginny. I agree, all the nice fresh colours are lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny- I love everything about this quilt! the pattern the fabric the back- it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you finished this quilt! It's so nice! The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginny...I have been recently chosen to nominate 5 people for the Liebster Award. The Liebster award recognizes smaller blogs with a following of less than 200 followers. I enjoy reading your blog so I would like to nominate you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful! I love all the colors too! For your binding, did you use a wide zig zag or is that another stitch? Looks very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love hearing from you!